Yesterday I celebrated fifteen years of marriage. Wow. If someone had told me as a skinny little bride of 22 I’d have six children I may have changed my mind! Lol, just joking but I may have been terrified.
So we arranged to celebrate with a meal out together at a local Tapas restaurant. Awwww, how cute and romantic, you may think.
Ahem. So after fifteen years of marriage and six children the romantic date night has changed somewhat to the one pre marriage and kids. Here what usually happens…
- I will get up at the crack of dawn to express milk for the baby which he will spit out all over the babysitter anyway.
- The kids will ask repeatedly, ‘Where are you going?’ and stagger away in shock each time I give them the same reply, as if life will never be the same again because Mum and Dad are having a couple of hours without them.
- My daughter will try to take a photo of me and my hubby looking almost smart and then keep saying, ‘Mum, you look fat in that one’ and I will agree and delete all of them anyway.
- I will feel absolutely plastered after half a glass of wine and remember I actually can’t drink alcohol anymore.
- We will talk about the kids for 90% of the time.
- At 9pm I will yawn and say how exhausted I am and ring Mum to pick us up.
- On leaving the restaurant my husband will fart loudly and not even care.
- When we get home the baby will be sobbing for his milk and I will feel really guilty and tell him I’m never going out ever again.