It’s nearly time to embrace the chaotic mornings again as we rush to make sure the kids get to school on time without losing our sanity along the way. Us Mums, (or non-Mums!), often feel bottom of the pile when it comes to getting ready in the morning, but it only takes about 5 minutes if you’re clever to apply some natural looking makeup. I timed myself this morning and this only took 5 minutes. Given that I’m really feeling rough at the moment I was looking pretty awful too, it’s impressive what you can do in 5 minutes if you really think about it.
Here’s how to spend less time on your make up.
- Make sure you have whatever products you will be using ready the night before.
- Only use a few products and try and use multi tasking products. I used this palette.
The matte bronze colour bottom right I used to quickly sweep over my temples and in my crease instead of eyeshadow. The pale pink second from left top row I apply to top of my cheeks as a blush/ highlight.
- Use a stick foundation. These are quick and easy to apply when you’re in a hurry and you can pay as much or as little as you want for these. I used this one from Primark.
- For brows opt for a brow mascara like MUA Brow define tinted brow mascara. For a mere £2 it will shape, fill and define your brows in seconds.
- If you’re really rushing but want something on your lips, avoid lipstick as it’s not very forgiving if you make a mistake. Instead try a gloss or a liquid lipstick. I used Primark Insta Girl Liquid Lipstick
- Consider investing in some semi permanent make up. I was a different woman when I had my LVL lashes done, my make up was so quick! You can read my review here.