When I cook I have a few requirements. Meals need to be quick, healthy, delicious, everyone likes it and as little washing up as possible. There aren’t that many recipes that can meet this criteria and this one is no exception. It was quick, healthy, delicious with little washing up but of course the fussy comments had to surface. However, it was the usual culprits being fussy, (only two of them), so I have decided for my sanity to just ignore them and tell myself they don’t matter anyway, they can just flipping well go without, who needs food critics anyway, what do they know about decent food, I’m an amazing cook and everyone knows it and, well, you get the general idea.
So here is the recipe. If you’re doing Slimming World this is FREE.
- 300g dried egg noodles
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2.5 cm fresh root ginger sliced thinly
- 1 fresh birds eye chilli
- 300g pack mixed veg stir fry
- 400g raw king or tiger prawns
- 2tsp medium madras curry powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 medium egg
- Coriander leaves and lime wedges to serve
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions
- Spray a wok with oil spray and stir fry garlic, ginger, chilli for 1 minute. Add vegetables and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Add prawns to pan and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until cooked and pink. Add curry powder, soy sauce, oyster sauce and cooked veg. Stir well, put aside in a bowl.
- Wipe pan with kitchen towel, respray with cooking spray and return to heat. Add noodles and beaten egg. Toss together until egg cooks. Tip all the cooked ingredients back into pan and stir to heat through.